Thursday, November 5, 2009

Realization --



I guess God has purposes why things happened today, actually really did happen. Today was depressing in general.

I accompanied my dear friend to PGH (Philippine General Hospital) to have her first pre-natal check up there because she was planning to give birth there by next month, CS section. But unfortunately, the OB-Gyne in charge told us that she should have at least six pre-natal check ups before she could be considered as a patient or else she might be requested to go to the other hospital. So as her mom advised us, we transferred to Dr. Fabella Memorial Hospital. Man, nightmare started here.

Fabella is known as "bahay paanakan" so as what I've expected as we enter the OPD, pregnant women are everywhere the area. Weve waited so long before my friend was called for an interview. Talking about bad luck, after the interview was the staff's lunch break. Check ups will resume in one hour. ONE HOUR! Damn. We couldn't wait any longer besides we were there like since 9AM and my friend was having a hard time breathing. So she was rushed to the emergency room......


... Only patients were allowed inside the ER, so I waited at the waiting area outside the ER when I saw a lot of things that strucked me down. There was a young lady near me who was having a hard time laboring. Her dress has blood stains and she was crying and complaining to her mom about the pain she was feeling and the doctors didn't even care. The hospital's janitress even told her "maglakad lakad ka kasi! para matadtad ka! hindi yun iiyak iyak ka diyan!" I was like "what the F? you're just a janitress here!" I pity all the people who were struggling there but wasn't really prioritized because they have no money.


If I could just help them, I would. *sigh*







No comments:

Post a Comment